Russia-Ukraine conflict: Record of key occasions, day 335 | Russia-Ukraine conflict Information
Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 335th day, we check out the principle developments.
Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Tuesday, January 24, 2023:
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s chief of employees stated Ukraine wants a number of hundred tanks from its Western allies to retake Russian-occupied territory.
- Russia’s international intelligence service accused Ukraine of storing Western-supplied arms at nuclear energy stations.
- The European Union’s prime diplomat Josep Borrell stated Germany is just not blocking the export of Leopard 2 tanks, as Berlin faces mounting strain to provide them to Ukraine.
- The EU ratified a brand new army support bundle to Ukraine price $544m because the bloc’s 27 international ministers met in Brussels on Monday.
- Kremlin stated hesitancy over whether or not to offer German-made Leopard tanks to Kyiv confirmed rising “nervousness” inside NATO.
- Germany’s armed forces started transferring the primary two of three promised Patriot anti-aircraft missile squadrons to Poland.
- Russia stated it’s downgrading diplomatic relations with NATO member Estonia, accusing the Baltic nation of “complete Russophobia”.
- Latvia’s international minister stated he advised Russia’s ambassador in its capital Riga to go away the nation by February 24 in a choice taken in solidarity with Estonia.
- Ukrainian International Minister Dmytro Kuleba stated EU membership negotiations ought to begin this 12 months.