Russia-Ukraine battle: Listing of key occasions, day 208 | Russia-Ukraine battle Information
Right here is the scenario because it stands on Monday, September 19:
- Ukraine troops have superior to the jap financial institution of the Oskil River, threatening Russian occupation forces within the jap Donbas area. Crossing the Oskil is one other vital milestone in Ukraine’s counteroffensive.
- US Military Common Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Employees, visited a navy base in Poland internet hosting US troops and referred to as for vigilance, saying the battle was “not going too nicely for Russia proper now”.
- The Russian military, looking for contract troopers for its battle in Ukraine, is utilizing cellular recruiting vehicles to achieve out to volunteers, providing almost $3,000 a month as an incentive.
- The Ukrainian navy mentioned its forces repelled assaults by Russian troops within the Kharkiv area within the east and Kherson within the south, the place Ukraine launched counteroffensives this month, in addition to in elements of Donetsk within the southeast.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has vowed there can be no let-up within the counterattack that has reclaimed cities and cities from Russian troops.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau mentioned mass graves present in Ukraine are proof of Russia’s battle crimes and full accountability for its actions was wanted.
- US President Joe Biden urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to not use tactical nuclear or chemical weapons within the wake of navy setbacks in Ukraine.
- Australia won’t ban Russian vacationers from coming into the nation as a part of sanctions on Russia, its defence minister mentioned.
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and a worldwide meals disaster aggravated by the battle would be the focus of world leaders once they convene for the United Nations Common Meeting this week.
- Alla Pugacheva, the queen of Soviet pop music, denounced Putin’s battle in Ukraine, saying it’s killing troopers for illusory goals, burdening the folks, and turning Russia into a worldwide pariah.