Jan 6 stay information: Panel examines Trump’s stress on DoJ officers | Donald Trump Information
In fifth listening to of the month, committee hears from Justice officers about Trump efforts to overturn the 2020 election.
- Former prime officers from the US Justice Division will testify at Thursday’s listening to.
- Home Minority Chief Kevin McCarthy defends his determination to tug Republican picks from the panel final 12 months.
- The listening to will concentrate on Trump’s efforts to “corrupt” the Justice Division in his try “to cling to energy”, committee chair Bennie Thompson has mentioned.
- The earlier listening to checked out Trump’s push to stress native and state officers to overturn President Joe Biden’s victory.
These are the newest updates:
Prime ex-Justice officers to testify
Former prime officers from the Division of Justice will testify at Thursday’s listening to, the panel has introduced.
Jeffrey Rosen, former appearing lawyer normal; Richard Donoghue, former appearing deputy lawyer normal; and Steven Engel, former assistant lawyer normal for the Workplace of Authorized Counsel are set to seem earlier than the committee.
NEXT HEARING: Thursday, June twenty third at 3:00pm ET
• Jeffrey A. Rosen, Former Appearing Lawyer Basic
• Richard Donoghue, Former Appearing Deputy Lawyer Basic
• Steven Engel, Former Assistant Lawyer Basic for the Workplace of Authorized Counsel
— January sixth Committee (@January6thCmte)